|March 9, 2013|
|1:00 pm||to||3:00 pm|
The Socialist Party of New York City (SP-NYC) endorses the March 9th
demonstration and rally at Washington Square Park being organized by
WORD. We stand in solidarity with them in combating violence against
It’s time to Rise Up! Over a million women are raped every year in the United States and 1 in 4 experience severe violence at the hands of a current or former partner.
The women of India have shown the way. They took society by storm, after a recent rape, by coming out in the thousands to show that this violence is intolerable.
We can do the same. We can make this a world wide movement because it’s a world wide problem.
We need a Women’s Spring that takes aim at sexual objectification, violence, and discrimination.
Join us to carry on that legacy of struggle on International Women’s Day for a rally to end violence against women.
***Assemble at Washington Square Park, 1pm***
Join the Facebook event here.
Use your power! Join us there! Help us spread the word and bring your friends, family members, classmates and neighbors!
We also need organizers — no experience necessary — who want to help us prepare for the day.
Here’s what you can do right now to help build for this action!
1.) Join this event at http://www.defendwomensrights.org/pages/join-stop-violence-against.html
2) SHARE this Facebook event on your page and your friend’s pages.
3) Download and distribute the flyer http://www.defendwomensrights.org/downloads/march-2013-flyers/flyer-nyc-march-9-2013.pdf
4) Join an Outreach Team. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Take a picture with your personalized messaged about why you’re marching on March 9th (please use the hash tag #womenspring in your message). Send your picture to email@example.com.
6) If you are part of an organization that wants to endorse this march, Go to: http://www.defendwomensrights.org/pages/endorse-stop-violence.html.
Endorsers: National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health, Damayan Migrant Workers Association, Da Urban Butterflies, Mami’s Unite, ANSWER Coalition, Rev Fit, New York State Youth Leadership Council, Filipinas for Rights and Empowerment-GABRIELA USA, International Working Women’s Day Coalition 2013, Lucha at Columbia University